Climate Policy Analysis
Publications and Presentations
- EPRI, 2022. EPRI public comments on EPA’s methodology peer review. EPRI, Palo Alto, CA.
- EPRI, 2022. EPRI Public Comments on Federal Acquisition Regulation ANOPR: Minimizing the Risk of Climate Change in Federal Acquisitions. EPRI, Palo Alto, CA. # 3002023465.
- John Bistline (2021): “Metrics for Assessing the Economic Impacts of Power Sector Climate and Clean Electricity Policies.” (Progress in Energy)
- EPRI, 2021. EPRI public comments on the Biden Administration "interim" SC-GHG estimates and technical document. EPRI, Palo Alto, CA.
- EPRI, 2021. Overview of U.S. Government Estimates of the Social Cost of Carbon and Other Greenhouse Gases. EPRI, Palo Alto, CA.
- John Bistline, Maxwell Brown (NREL), Sauleh Siddiqui (American University), Kathleen Vaillancourt (Esmia Consultants) (2020): "Electric Sector Impacts of Renewable Policy Coordination: A Multi-Model Study of the North American Energy System" (Energy Policy)
- John Bistline, James Merrick, Victor Niemeyer (2020): "Estimating Power Sector Leakage Risks and Provincial Impacts of Canadian Carbon Pricing" (Environmental and Resource Economics)
- John Bistline, Nidhi Santen, David Young (2019): "The Economic Geography of Variable Renewable Energy and Impacts of Trade Formulation for Renewable Mandates" (Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews)
- John Bistline, Elke Hodson (DOE), Charles Rossmann (Southern Company), Jared Creason (EPA), Brian Murray (Duke University), Alexander Barron (Smith College) (2018): "Electric Sector Policy, Technological Change, and U.S. Emissions Reductions Goals: Results from the EMF 32 Model Intercomparison Project" (Energy Economics)
- David Young, John Bistline (2018): "The Costs and Value of Renewable Portfolio Standards in Meeting Decarbonization Goals" (Energy Economics)
- John Bistline and Steve Rose (2018): “Social Cost of Carbon Pricing of Power Sector CO2: Accounting for Leakage and Other Social Implications from Subnational Policies.” (Environmental Research Letters)
- EPRI, 2022. EPRI's Response to the U.S. Department of the Treasury's Request for Comment on Implementing the Inflation Reduction Act's Clean Energy Incentives. EPRI, Palo Alto, CA. # 3002025923
- Steve Rose, 2023. EPRI Public Comments on EPA SC-GHG Draft Methodology and Application. EPRI, Palo Alto, CA.
- Nidhi Santen, 2021. Analyzing Federal Clean Energy Standards: Policy Design Choices and Future Electric Power Sector Outcomes, EPRI, Palo Alto, CA. #3002020121
- Nidhi Santen and David Young, 2019. Electric Generation Investments Under Climate Policy Uncertainty, EPRI, Palo Alto, CA. # 3002015555
- Nidhi Santen, David Young, and John Bistline Nidhi Santen, 2019. Cost-Effectively Achieving Carbon Goals in Minnesota: Renewable Standards vs. Technology-Neutral Policies — A scenario-based analysis of electric-sector impacts through 2050, EPRI Palo Alto, CA. # 3002015420